Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We are almost there!

Hello, honeys!!

This will be our 7th day of travel, with the Boyz and Cat, and J and me. And all of the ego among us. We have survived - having good times and bad, visiting family and getting bitten by bugs... thought I could take some time this morning while sampling my Super 8 breakfast and in-room coffee - which is surprisingly tasty - while trying not to get drops of Mini-Moo or International Delight Hazelnut on my laptop.

More stories to come, I promise. Meant to blog a bit each day from a different location, how cool would that have been to wake up in time to have YES an English Muffin, Coffee with lots of cream, and let my fingers do the talking each day. Alas, it was not to be.

More like, SHIT it's already 9am, I'm so tired!! Do I even have time for a shower? Louie needs his boots on. Happy needs his fly mask. Phew! need to change Cat's toilet-paper litter box. (This has been a marvelous idea, honeys, everything flushes right down.) And pulling into places at dusk, eating dinner at 10 pm and trying to find an alarm clock that would wake the dead...

My digestive system is/was about to revolt, until dad brought in some fresh local strawberries, tomatoes, and watermelon the night before last... ahh! fiber and simple carbs! Delightful.

Onward we go, spines all outta whack, all of us half dead from being baked in the heat, then feeling dead in the cool of the Siskyous - gimme a couple days to get stuff moved in, maybe even catch up on SOME lost sleep... and I will catch up on all of you, too. Miss you guys!!!

1 comment:

  1. As usual this trip sounds perfect. Your descriptions put me next to you in the seat.

    Can't wait to get back to more regular communication. August has been busy for us too.

    But you are 'almost there' and school is almost here for us - then we will have each other again through the many keys of our laptops.

    ReplyDelete