Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wednesday Morning

I thought I'd include some photos of what I woke up to today, the air and breeze are mild so I spent some time in awe of the beauty in the sky and scape.

Except for these damn wires. Oh, how I wish every county and city had the sense to either go completely solar/wind/geo, or just bury the unsightly things, and leave my view be!



Oh - and last night we saddled up the boys and took them for a walk in the moonlight. A little more than half full, it was good for them to get out, and they seemed content to do so. We passed by horse-eating bushes and things that rattled around inside them, without so much as a whimper. These guys are ready for our July 4 trip to Flagstaff alright! And what do you think was waiting for us when we got back? This beautiful snakeskin. I barely saw it as I was filling up the horse tank, and mentioned it to J, saying, hey, that wasn't here when we left! He says, "don't move! I'll get the flashlight!" and he was right, the gentle denizen hadn't even gotten ten feet from where I was standing. He perched his beautiful, bright shiny new self under the stairs to the roof porch, his tongue just a-flippin and a-floppin. I have no idea what kind, but there were no rattles on the skin (they shed those each year and grow all of them anew, plus one...) and when we were coaxing him out from under our camping gear, he did not attempt to strike. Bless his cold-blooded little heart, he just slinked away into the night.

You may notice some of my work I did yesterday on my profile. Holla to Miss Windy Days since I followed that cutest-blog-on-the-block link. I'm a girl, love frilly shiny pretties... to a point. Which is funny, I love matching clothes and shoes and just-the-rightt-purse, and used to wear at least earrings, but not out here, and no other jewelry of any kind. I've had a button-piercing twice, each time it had to come out for some surgery or other, and it sealed. I'm waiting to see when my last ab surgery will be, so I can keep one for once. Oh, how I LOVED my belly jewelry. Thinking of piercing my nose, just cuz I miss it so much and, hey, what are the odds that I'll have to have nose surgery? Anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Here's the front yard, after I was done picking up the nightly trashing that happens if we leave ANYTHING in the back of the truck. It gets picked up, played with, dragged out to the nether regions of the 2 1/2 acres, and shuffled about. It's a game of fetch, the horses are pitching, and, well - yours truly is the catcher.







Just look at these clouds! They were so beautiful, and in rare form, I had to take a picture of them again. It was like looking up into bejeweled fabric -I may make this into a desktop, if I could tear myself away from Margo's picture of a particular paradise, one that sells Fried Green Tomatoes (it's been way too long!) on the beach for $6.95 with steak and seafood and... I haven't had my breakfast yet!! Can you tell?



Well, in between preparing for a few days in the tall, cool pines of Flagstaff and refreshing waters of Oak Creek in Sedona, I may just be able to eek out another installment of The Trip That Lasted a Year. In the meantime, enjoy the new digs! I'll continue adding photos and other whatnots, and don't forget to vote on this week's poll, not many days left til the new one!! C'mon people, let your voices be heard! Cheers! ;o)~

1 comment:

  1. Except for those wires!!
    I hate the wires.
    Necessary evil I suppose, but nothing should get between you and that sky.

    Hey, what about your link to Chiming Lively - Laura!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete