Saturday, November 28, 2009

Where I'd LIKE to Be Right Now



It's likely I'll not be visiting THERE soon, I forget exactly where this is - Tana Lot - so, I put on some hiking shoes and wandered the hundred acres here again. Here is what it looks like.

The raspberry vines are all cut back and newly tied up for winter. Glum, but the sky was nice.


The strawberry fields, as well, are colorful yet yucky: The berries are taken over by slugs and insects even before they can turn red. Bummer. I'm not one for pesticides, but sheesh...


What can I say? The sky turned back to grey!! Sigh... Cool thing is, if you click on it, you may be able to see what I saw with my naked little eyes, that the tall pines on the coastal mountains were silhouettes against the muted sun. The scene was pretty unreal, and not nearly as depressing as it appears here.




Moss Farm. Only on the western edge of the strawberries, the softest, most exquisite stretch of at least three different types of moss and/or related green things spread out like a fairy carpet.



Meathead. This 100-lb Rottie beast belongs to a neighbor and visits when he wishes. For size comparison, I tried to get him to stand next to a barn, but he sat on it. It is barely visible, sticking out there beneath the lower half of his body.



Some big ol' paw prints. Just for shits n giggles, I had Meathead step beside the gigantic tracks you see here. His normally enormous foot print is visible next to the bottom most print, you can barely make out his smudgy toe prints and claw marks in this mud - making the size and weight of this mystery animal OBSCENE. We got scared and quickly ran back to the house.

5 comments:

  1. You seem to live in a fairy tale sometimes - mysterious large beasts abound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description of Meathead sitting on the barn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to be where you are, just for a little bit.

    There must be something you can do for the strawberries and slugs - like a plant pairing, or natural remedy. I heart strawberries.

    I'm guessing it's a bear. Perhaps a grizzly? Cougar claws would be retracted. No way that there can be a dog bigger than Meathead around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i.heart.meathead.

    and this description of where....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think so too, Mwa! it's craziness. Perhaps it's in each of us to see our lives as such.

    Dena- yes, the neighbor was mad. It isn't covered in his homeowner's insurance =0)

    Camlin- since they don't harvest the fall berries, they don't seem to care... I heart them too and they were so good!!!

    Rocket! I live in Forest Grove, OR now... home of the Grand Lodge and the only American Sakery in the U.S. - made with California rice. I just don't happen to heart sake.

    ReplyDelete