Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Reprieve

The woman who came out this morning was hit up by me with 20 questions about what was happening to the horses. As it turns out, they are going to another home, yes permanently, but to someone who wanted her grass kept down (!!!! :) :) :)

A save. I wonder if she knows.

Then again, I wonder if she will be able to handle them. They need their feet trimmed, wormed twice a year, their immunizations against icky equine diseases that are traveling around... and from what I heard, she may not be able to get out and catch these ladies once they get hold of some real estate, you hear what I'm sayin?

Alas, unless they get selenium supplements daily, as here in the NW we are deficient in our grasses, they will develop their own set of nutritional issues... why can I never leave well enough alone? I guess because I'm afraid they will not get good care there either. Do I see it as a lose-lose then? Maybe I'm prejudiced that I can take better care of them than most places. So being away from here equals a not-as-good situation.

I think I can be satisfied knowing they may live happy in some little corner of the world that isn't near me.

2 comments:

  1. I do like this story.
    These horses will teach this woman something. She will grow and learn and they will blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! So glad I read both posts at the same time now.

    ReplyDelete