Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm painting again!

Not with the oils I enjoyed so much in University, but a little something I started of my own after that.


It's watercolor. First I start with the big pieces, and fill in color...















... then I use various kinds of markers to make details, like so... (uh, obviously not the same picture, but you get the idea.)















These are beginnings, but I have been thinking to get back into it, for what now, eight or nine years? Jumpin' Jehosephat!! What the hell has happened over the last decade? Where was EYE??

Well. No time like the present.

4 comments:

  1. Exciting, to get back into creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna show little Elle this clever idea of yours. She's the artist in the family! Me? I just bake a fine batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! That's my skill! So glad you brought your artsiness back to life. Feels good, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. indeed! yes, it is good to have this come out again. you know, cookies are art in their own right... in my book anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More, more, more....let us see some more.

    I have a Laura Lee original.

    ReplyDelete