Friday, July 31, 2009

Zen Cones

Yep, you heard it here first, people. My own personal ones, just like the pun in the title. Enjoy.



The Zen of Babies - They are comfortable most of the time with the fact that they are subject to powers beyond their control or understanding.
But occasionally an outburst of personal liberation can go far.



All is Illusion - not because it doesn’t exist, but because of how we perceive it. I don’t believe we “see what we want to see,” - but only that which we are capable of seeing. Which can change. Being non-omnipotent, we are only capable of seeing what we perceive individually. But don’t confuse your perception of reality with what it actually is.
This is not the whole truth.



Many blessings fall into the life of one who knows the joys of being loved by a dog.


Everyone, throughout their life, carries baggage. The successful ones have learned how to pack them better. (1997) The transcendent ones have learned how to leave them behind. (2002) The enlightened ones have realized they were just an illusion. (2007)



From the singular, small, triumphant voice of an idea being born
To the joyful cacophony of a thousand thoughts taking flight
From the harmony of desert rocks
To the silence inside the river’s voice
I am always here
Between moments
There is a nothingness which is everything
Can you hear the sun shining?

4 comments:

  1. The last photograph - my daughter believes that every time you see the sun breaking through the clouds, it's God putting a little more of Heaven on Earth. I don't know where she gets this from. She told me that that's just something she made up because it's what she believes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet! I like the thought of more and more goodness coming to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know the joy of being loved (and slobbered on) by two dogs, and it is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I miss my dogs. My cat has outlived all of them.

    ReplyDelete