Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yay Sundays.

What a week. After coming back from the Tucson/Phoenix trip last week, some under-the-weather type stuff and a lack of proper internet connection had me in Blogger withdrawals!!


I'm still catching up on everyone's posts. And today, feeling better than I have in a while, making my own. Five days of rolling around feeling sick and passing out from the heat. Five days of I can't even get a comb through my hair-type tangles (and who knows what may have made its home there anyway) so I just whacked it all off. The sink, once a disgusting bilge bowl of non-drainage, is now clean and put back together. For many years now I've used solely deodorant sticks, since anti-perspirants contain aluminum salts and have been suspected of causing bad things to happen to a body, but I may just have to go balls-out and get the fumigator-grade, ozone-depleting spray deodorant (did I mention it was hot here?). We're talking industrial-strength ew, here, honeys. Two more little rabbits met their maker via the horse water. I guess now that I'm not limping around on my (what feels like a) broken foot, I just wanted to sit and ponder about the little things that I appreciate.

Like the way Cat has a little orange splotch on her chin, as if she's just finished slobbering over some yummy sherbet; my faux spaghetti, made of buttery noodles covered in diced italian-style tomatoes and shredded cheese; running around in my favorite boxers; FRIED GREEN TOMATOES; seeing the boys resting in the shade of the house after lunch; smelling the sheets when they've been laundered in vinegar and hung out to dry in the sun and wind; watching, with Cat, the birds and bunnies safely drinking out of the drown-proof water tubs; taking the boys on long walks in the evenings; and today, watching Religulous by Bill Maher. Because what else can incite such a good conversation, as watching a guy ask some questions, confront some issues, and generally make fun of people? Sunday seemed a perfect day for such. Hell, other, richer, people have been doing it on TV for some time...

Oh, and IBC rootbeer - it's the BEST! Mug and Barq's can kiss my little fuzzywink, they don't come near the taste and bite of this stuff. Happily on sale at most Safeway stores. And, watching the incredible, almost edible sunsets through the black mountains.

3 comments:

  1. I have a deodorant which is liquid, but does not contain aluminum. It's called Sanex natur-protect. Perhaps you can get that in the States, too. It's a roller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunset is amazing!

    I use a salt crystal for deodorant. It works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool, I will look for those! thanks!

    ReplyDelete