Thursday, July 30, 2009

MUGS

Here I am inside again, not out of boredom but out of a slight terror... the kind one might experience when they are circling the whirlpool, getting closer to the center, knowing the time is fast approaching when one must close one's eyes and go through the dark, the pitch-black of the event horizon pulling us through, over to the other side of What Will Be.

You see, I've finished pulling all my stuff from the cracks and crevices of dad's place here, and it is but momentarily that I will be on another journey, onward and upward to the great Northwest, where What Will Be is waiting. Like a new mother, like a scientist, like a... human, I think I am prepared for what is next... and promptly put it off until later.

All that, just to say I just wanted to share my mug collection before it goes in the crate.

My first one came from my friend Tina, who went to PA a few years back when her dad died, and she was farting around in NY too, had a lovely interaction with a NYFD hunk... and bought this for me at Starbucks:



So, because I thought it so charming, I began to find these little gems all over the place. We visited J's mom just after that near Vancouver, WA and since we flew into the Portland airport, I picked up one from the 'Bucks in the terminal. The warm fuzzies started in my stomach, and I couldn't stop looking at it. Quickly I realized this was going to be a thing. Since I lived in both Phoenix and Tucson, those were also acquired. There was a trip a while ago to Seattle, so that one joined, too...

And finally on our last trip to see another old Army buddy in LA, J surprised me with my 6th and lastly acquired mug. I broke into tears, at the thoughtfulness of it, and probably also because he and the other dude disappeared, leaving their phones on the kitchen table, for almost two hours. They happened to bring back breakfast from the all-wonderous Whole Foods market, coffee, and my present. My little beauties...


Yes, you can see I have coffee in the Portland mug. A little something to get my butt into gear.

2 comments:

  1. this is too funny... I just realized you can see the important things in my life here, sans Animaux: mugs, Love Fern, a bottle (empty) of cabernet, and the lappie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packing up your life is terrifying! But will probably end up rewarding.

    Like the mugs.

    ReplyDelete