Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Learned Something Today...



At breakfast, I squished my English muffin as I attempted to butter it. Then as I went to put jam on it, a big glob was making its way down the jar and I didn’t get to it before it reached the counter. Finally, I clumsily dropped the knife on the floor.



From this, I saw that if you don’t hold onto something tight enough, it can slip through your fingers. If you hold onto it too tightly, you could change its shape into something unrecognizable. Lastly, if you can seize an opportunity when it presents itself, you can really save yourself a mess later.

3 comments:

  1. That's the thing with writer-types. We see meaning and stories in every little thing. Jelly? This is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the little things! 'The world in a grain of sand' so to speak...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - I love you.
    I knew you would like english muffins.

    ReplyDelete